The quality of teaching and research at Georgia Tech attracts visitors from around the globe. Many are distinguished professors and researchers who come to teach, collaborate, and consult. Others may be post-docs or students who come for training and research.
Several campus offices work together to facilitate hosting these foreign visitors:
- Office of International Education (OIE)
- Office of Human Resources (OHR)
- Office of Legal Affairs (OLA)
- Office of Research Integrity Assurance (ORIA)
- Office of Information Technology (OIT)
- Research Security Department (RSD)
All foreign visitors and guests who are not degree-seeking students enrolled at Georgia Tech must be reviewed and approved by OLA prior to receiving a letter of invitation and prior to issuance of I-20 or DS-2019 certificates.
To host a visiting scholar, please return the following documents to OLA at email@example.com:
- Request to Host Foreign Visitors or Guest Form
- Resume/CV of Invited Guest
Georgia Tech's OHR and OIE will not process visa requests or invitation letters without verification that OLA has completed the export compliance review. All visiting scholars should complete a Visiting Scholar Agreement and return it to OLA.